Construction Project Management
Construction Project Management (CPM) is the overall planning, coordination, and control of a project from beginning to completion. CPM is aimed at meeting a client’s requirement in order to produce a functionally and financially viable project.
WE TRANSFORM DEVELOPERS ONTO A CONSTRUCTION COMPANY
Nowadays the classic construction company has dissapeared. The new companies just set a little team in the site and subcontract everything else. So we offer to the developers set themselves that team (Progestec) and hire directly the different contractors.
- Risks: There are positives (profits) and negatives (overcost). Developer asumes both. Supposedly construction company too, but at the end it never happen, they will try to not asume the negative ones.
- Changes: Any time a developer ask for a change, the construction companies try to take advantage on that situation.
- Open books policy: The developers hire directly so they know the real costs.
- Project control: With us, the developer always has 100% controled the proccess.
The design stage involves four steps: programming and feasibility, schematic design, design development, and contract documents. It is the responsibility of the design team to ensure that the design meets all building codes and regulations. It is during the design stage that the bidding process takes place.
- Conceptual/Programming and feasibility: The needs, goals, and objectives must be determined for the building. Decisions must be made on the building size, number of rooms, how the space will be used, and who will be using the space. This must all be considered to begin the actual designing of the building.
- Schematic design: Schematic designs are sketches used to identify spaces, shapes, and patterns. Materials, sizes, colors, and textures must be considered in the sketches.
- Design development (DD): This step requires research and investigation into what materials and equipment will be used as well as their cost.
- Contract documents (Proyecto de Ejecucion) (CDs): Contract documents are the final drawings and specifications of the construction project. They are used by contractors to determine their bid while builders use them for the construction process. Contract documents can also be called working drawings.
The pre-construction stage begins when the owner gives a notice to proceed to the contractor that they have chosen through the bidding process. A notice to proceed is when the owner gives permission to the contractor to begin their work on the project. The first step is to assign the project team which includes the project manager (PM), contract administrator, superintendent, and field engineer.
- Project manager: The project manager is in charge of the project team.
- Contract administrator: The contract administrator assists the project manager as well as the superintendent with the details of the construction contract.
- Superintendent: It is the superintendent’s job to make sure everything is on schedule including flow of materials, deliveries, and equipment. They are also in charge of coordinating on-site construction activities.
- Field engineer: A field engineer is considered an entry-level position and is responsible for paperwork.
During the pre-construction stage, a site investigation must take place. A site investigation takes place to discover if any steps need to be implemented on the job site. This is in order to get the site ready before the actual construction begins. This also includes any unforeseen conditions such as historical artifacts or environment problems. A soil test must be done to determine if the soil is in good condition to be built upon.
The procurement stage is when labor, materials and equipment needed to complete the project are purchased. This can be done by the general contractor if the company does all their own construction work. If the contractor does not do their own work, they obtain it through subcontractors. Subcontractors are contractors who specialize in one particular aspect of the construction work such as concrete, welding, glass, or carpentry. Subcontractors are hired the same way a general contractor would be, which is through the bidding process. Purchase orders are also part of the procurement stage.
- Purchase orders: A purchase order is used in various types of businesses. In this case, a purchase order is an agreement between a buyer and seller that the products purchased meet the required specifications for the agreed price.
The construction stage begins with a pre-construction meeting brought together by the superintendent. The pre-construction meeting is meant to make decisions dealing with work hours, material storage, quality control, and site access. The next step is to move everything onto the construction site and set it all up.
A Contractor progress payment schedule is a schedule of when (according to project milestones or specified dates) contractors and suppliers will be paid for the current progress of installed work.
Progress payments are partial payments for work completed during a portion, usually a month, during a construction period. Progress payments are made to general contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers as construction projects progress. Payments are typically made on a monthly basis but could be modified to meet certain milestones. Progress payments are an important part of contract administration for the contractor. Proper preparation of the information necessary for payment processing can help the contractor financially complete the project. 
Once the owner moves into the building, a warranty period begins. This is to ensure that all materials, equipment, and quality meet the expectations of the owner that are included within the contract
Cuando usted se enfrenta a cualquier proyecto de construccion y promocion de viviendas, es muy importante la correcta gestion de todos estos elementos: (In every project or construction development, you will need to properly face all these complex steps)
Progestec ofrece la gestion de todos esos elementos y la realizacion de proyectos, direcciones de obra, informes, valoraciones de mercado, ya que somos técnicos colegiados y con certificacion RICS (Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors) y PMI (Project Managment Institute)
|FASE DE PRE-CONSTRUCCION|
|Estudios previos y datos urbanisticos|
|Levantamiento topografico y chequeo de lindes|
|Estudio instalaciones existentes y posibles afecciones|
|Proyectos de edificacion: Demolicion, Básico y Ejecucion|
|Proyecto de Seguridad y Salud|
|Proyectos adicionales: Instalaciones especiales|
|Visados en Colegios Profesionales|
|Direccion facultativa de las obras: Arquitecto|
|Direccion facultativa de las obras: Arquitecto tecnico|
|Tramitacion de licencia y pago de tasas y avales|
|Direccion tecnica de instalaciones|
|Coordinador de Seguridad y Salud|
|Apertura del centro de trabajo|
|Contratacion de suministro de electricidad y agua|
|Acta de replanteo e inicio de obra|
|Organismo de control tecnico|
|Organismo de control acreditado|
|Laboratio de control de calidad|
|Tasador: en caso de prestamos al promotor|
|FASE DE POST-CONSTRUCCION|
|Certificado fin de obra|
|Libro del edificio|
|Informe favorable Seguro Decenal|
|Constratacion seguro decenal|
|Licencia de primera ocupacion|
|Certificados de instaladoras|
|Contratacion de servicios definitivos|
|Recepcion definitiva (al año de la provisional)|
|FASE DE VENTA|
|Creacion de marca|
|Presencia en internet|
|Infografias y documentacion de apoyo|
|Comercializacion con agencias|
|Facility manager y equipo de postventa: gestion de obras con cliente final|
|GESTION EMPRESARIAL Y FINANCIERA|
|Creacion empresa promotora|
|Planificacion de tiempos de la operacion inmobiliaria|
|Planificacion de costes de la operación inmobiliaria|
|Planificacion tiempo y costes de la campaña comercial|
|Análisis de riesgos y posibles desviaciones|
|Gestion del cash flow : Gestion de gastos mensuales y creditos al promotor|
|Creditos al promotor|
|Revision del caso de negocio: Inicial, previa a Fase Ejecucion y según mercado|
|Legalizaciones y Contratos|